inside the man

Sunday, January 18, 2004

The "new pluralism"
I have been pondering this term for some time now. My professional life brings me face to face with cultural diversity in Canada's public sector on a daily basis. When I think back to the research and field work that I carried out years ago as part of my undergraduate studies in comparative religion, I find myself wondering just what is "new"? In any case, understanding the changing faces of our communities remains a primary challenge for public and private sector institutional leadership in Canada and most developed and developing countries in the world. There is a growing body of literature on this topic across all disciplines, some of which I am currently trying to wrap my mind around. One example of a call for recognition of this issue is Peter Drucker's short 1999 paper "The New Pluralism". Drop me an email if you have thoughts on this topic.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Returned to working as a Management Consultant, specializing in risk, security, and regulatory compliance, with Fujitsu Canada after running the IT shop in the largest library in the South Pacific.

CC Developing Nations
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Developing Nations license.

Site Meter