inside the man

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Freya's Elk Island Challenge

Here is an amazing six year old who has pledged to walk 91 km of park trail to raise funds for the Friends of Elk Island Society,

"Hi! My name is Freya. I am 6 years old. I live in Edmonton with my mom and dad and twin sister, Stephie, and my cat, Chicken. I like to sing, dance, hike, swim, and help people. I have decided to hike all of the eleven trails listed at Elk Island National Park. I am doing this as a fundraiser to make money for the Friends of Elk Island Society. If I hike all of the trails, I will have walked 91.2 kilometres this summer. I may not be able to hike all of trail number 9 (Tawayik Lake Trail) because in the summer it gets flooded. That's not my fault, that's the lake's fault. I am going to hike as far as I can on number 9 and then hike back when we get to the flooded part, or we could puddle jump if it is not too big. I would like people to pledge money for every kilometre I hike. So, if you pledge one cent for every kilometre, you would pay the Friends of Elk Island Society ninety-one cents. If you pledge one dollar for every kilometre I hike, you would pay the society ninety-one dollars. That would help a lot of bison!"


Alberta's big sky over Astotin Lake, Elk Island National Park

Tags:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Returned to working as a Management Consultant, specializing in risk, security, and regulatory compliance, with Fujitsu Canada after running the IT shop in the largest library in the South Pacific.

CC Developing Nations
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Developing Nations license.

Site Meter