inside the man

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Time to dump Internet Explorer

IE 6 is a security nightmare. Since I have to use it at least occasionally for work reasons, I have been fastidiously applying security patches as soon as they are released. Do to this policy, and probably due to my browsing habits, I am fortunate that I have never had an IE 6 related security incident - yet. 153 holes since April 18, 2001! This is not good software. After some time as a devoted Mozilla user, I have made the (minor) switch to Mozilla FireFox.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Returned to working as a Management Consultant, specializing in risk, security, and regulatory compliance, with Fujitsu Canada after running the IT shop in the largest library in the South Pacific.

CC Developing Nations
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Developing Nations license.

Site Meter