New US copyright legislation under discussion
A bill labeled HR2391 is under discussion in Washington which would clarify a number of points of concern for the Big Media lobby. One example,
The bill would "would criminally punish a person who 'infringes a copyright by ... offering for distribution to the public by electronic means, with reckless disregard of the risk of further infringement.'"
My single greatest concern is will this lead to prosecution of American public libraries for recklessly breaking down barriers to electronic and other copyrighted materials?
inside the man
- ► 2006 (28)
- ► 2005 (228)
- Germany gains Shaolin fighting monks The larges...
- Sex is OK during Grey Cup week Mike Pinball Cle...
- New US copyright legislation under discussion ...
- You can help change the world The World Communi...
- The Faith-Based Encyclopedia Former Editor-In-C...
- Alleged corporate espionage in Canada Calgary b...
- ▼ November (6)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Developing Nations license.