inside the man

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Infosec: Can you be too paranoid?

Interesting column from Mark Burnett at Security Focus. Here are some examples of Mark's paranoia:

  • I keep my PC's turned around so I can tell if anyone has installed a hardware keylogger.
  • I never check in luggage when I fly.
  • I do my Internet browsing from a locked down VMWare box that has no rights on my network.
  • I use terrafly.com to see what others might be able to see about my home.
  • It takes five passwords to boot up my laptop and check my e-mail.
  • One of those passwords is over 50 characters long.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Returned to working as a Management Consultant, specializing in risk, security, and regulatory compliance, with Fujitsu Canada after running the IT shop in the largest library in the South Pacific.

CC Developing Nations
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Developing Nations license.

Site Meter